It is easy for me to look cold and rude on my exterior. People often don't even know that I am devoted to God. I don't give any reason for people to believe that I am. So, for just one week, I am giving up my music. I have decided that a majority of secular music either has sexual content, or inappropriate words in their lyrics.
That is why I have decided to change the channel whenever a song comes on that I know i shouldn't be listening to. I have decided to switch the song on my ipod, and to listen to Christian songs whenever I have the chance.
I don't know if it will make any difference in me, but I think it is something that I need to try. Maybe by just doing this one thing it will have a chain reaction to everything I do, to put God in mind. By thinking, "Would God be proud of what I am doing?"
I'm doing this in hopes that people will see God in me. I want people to notice him and the fact that He is important to me, and doing this small thing might let people know that I am trying to improve the fact that I don't need to listen to the crap that fills my head with every lyric.
No comments:
Post a Comment