Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Breakdowns

I had a huge breakdown the other day, after fighting with family and acting like a jerk to people that I know. Tears were shed and my life was changed. There are times in my life where I can say that an experience had changed my life and look back and notice that it really hadn't. But the other day, it really did.

After just being angry I realized that I needed to change. I put worship music on and proceeded to clean my room. While cleaning my room, I tore down pictures of friends and families and paintings and a deep poem that I had written. Basically I rid my room of showing that I had some sort of life. Because those faces on the pictures were people that I had been rude to at some point or lied to. People that I had not acted myself around. It felt incredible to admit that I had done people wrong. It was great and changed me.

While cleaning my room, I would occasionally stop and listen to the worship music that I had turned on. I actually listened to the words and what they meant. It was then that I realized I needed to change not only for myself, but for my friends, family, and my relationship with God. I was coming clean and it was extremely cleansing and pufifying.

There are times in our lives when we need to change. There are times in out lives when we need to come clean and have a realization that there is something wrong with how we are living. It's almost like a check up. To look and see how we are doing. I encourage whoever reads this to get a check up and look at the way you are living. It might just be life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment