Thursday, September 9, 2010

That "Someone"

It astounds me to hear stories about suicide and addictions. I once heard that these things are a cry for help. Even though it seems as though people are just screwing their lives up and praying that maybe someone will pay an ounce of attention to them when they are done. The thing is, with suicide there are no do-overs. There is not that second chance to say, "Wait a minute. I think that I am going to try to live this life out." Suicide is final.

But, maybe suicide isn't just attention seeking, messed up people. Maybe they are searching. Maybe they are searching for something bigger, something more meaningful in this life. Searching for someone to talk to, and someone that will actually listen. I think that I have found the answer.... God. But, here's the problem, how is this suffering and confused person to know anything about this divine person that they have never heard of before.

That's our job. It's our job to spread and tell people about the grace of God. It is our job to show people that there is a God who loves unconditionally. There is that "someone" that they are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment