Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A New Venue

I really love my church don't get me wrong. I grew up in my church. It's just that recently I have felt so disconnected from my fellow youth and frankly from God. I guess it's really hard for me to be interested in the word of God when it seems like my group has a lack of direction and focus.

I used to love going to my youth group. It used to have energy, numbers, and hope. Now, it seems as though we are only clinging onto hope. I have heard that you are supposed to stick to something and stay with something until a solution comes and all is regained. But, to me it seems like that when a leader stops trying so does everyone else. It has been hard in the church without a pastor for a few years, but with sights of a new one on the way, you would think that everyone would be jazzed for it. I have remained strong for the last three years and it appears as though that I am finally breaking to a point where I truly don't want to go to youth group anymore.

I am afraid of saying anything to anyone about me wanting to change youth groups. But, at this time in my life I really need a strong sense of God, and I am not getting any of that. I don't want to stop going on Sundays to my long time church. For on Sundays, it is important to be with family and listen to the word of God and see the presence of him. It's just that if I never see God at my youth group, maybe it's okay to ask for a change. I'm so scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment