I have decided to write again on this blog, even though I know that no-one reads it. That's fine with me. It's good to let things get off my chest. You never know, maybe someone who really needs God stumbles onto this page and hears something they like.
I'm not a mean person. I try very hard not to be a mean person. But, it seems as though I sin a lot. I think I struggle with sin more than anything else in my life. I have a nice home, family, and friends. I have everything that a person could ever need and yet I still find myself sinning and sinning. Saying things that I wish I could take back, thinking things I shouldn't, and acting foolishly and frankly irresponsibly. I wish that I could change the fact that I sin. However, that is a battle I will always lose.
Sometimes when you sin, you tell yourself that you will never do that certain thing again. I think this is the worst mistake you can do to yourself after you sin. It's hard to quit doing something cold turkey. To me, you have to be realistic and set guidelines for yourself. For example, it is easier to say, "I won't smoke for 2 weeks." Then after those two weeks, try it again. It's a whole lot harder to say, "I will never smoke again in my entire life." This is only setting you up for heartache and failures. Start small and work your way up.
Refresh and Restart your life by taking baby steps to quit anything sin that always is tempting you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment