Thursday, April 9, 2009

Culture Zombies

Hey,
Recently I have been reading a book written by Ron Luce(with Charity Luce.) It has inspired me to write the blog. It talked how everyone cares so much about how we look, television, music, video games, etc. Our society is revolved around media. Hence the name culture zombies, which he writes about how to prevent becoming one. I realize that I am at least a half culture zombie. Now, I know you are saying that there is now way that you are a zombie, I mean media does not affect me, I'm still me. But are you really? Being excited about a new coat that you bought that a celeb wore, culture zombie. Have you watched every American Idol this season? How much time do you spend on the computer(this one gets me.) What type of music are you listening to, do you have any idea what the real lyrics are saying? How much movies have you watch that involve sexual activity between two unmarried people, or better yet, one that is married and one that is not? Do you read magazines, such as People? Are the books you read have to much bad language or bad content but yet you kept reading (don't worry I have too.)

Are you still convinced you are not a culture zombie? Do you pay attention to who is with who in Hollywood? Do watch T.V. shows you hope your parents don't know about? Do you watch t.v. shows you would never want your children to see? Answer all of these questions truthfully, and you'll find out that you in some part of your life, are sucked down by all that media, telling you that it's okay to care only about you, and most importantly how you look? Is this really what you want to live your life like?

p.s. thanks to Ron Luce for inspiring me and writing such a fantastic book for me to learn from. (hope you don't mind that I used your term.)

No comments:

Post a Comment